Author: Jen McLaughlin
Title: Out of Mind
Series: Out of Line #3
Publication Date: April 29th 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Reaching for sunlight...
Finn survived the ambush and came home to me, but in his head, the battle is still raging. He’s falling apart and I’m trying my best to pick up the pieces of him, to find the us we used to be. I love him as much as I ever did, but love isn’t enough to fix this. I thought telling my father about our relationship would be the hardest thing we’d ever have to face. I was wrong.
Lost in shadows...
All I wanted was to be worthy of Carrie. One mission, just one, and I’d be able to give her the future she deserved. Then everything went wrong, leaving me tainted and broken. Carrie wants me to be who I was, but all that’s left is what they made of me. I’m no good for her. No good for anyone like this. I have to figure out how to move forward. Alone.
Sometimes love isn’t enough…
Purchase Ou of Time (Book #2) on
I always listen to music while writing/editing, so I thought it would be fun to share some songs that really got to me while writing OUT OF MIND—the last book in my New York Times Bestselling OUT OF LINE series.
1. How to Save a Life (The Fray): The whole book, in Carrie’s POV, fits this song pretty well, I’d say. She wants so badly to save Finn, but it’s not as easy as she might think.
2. It Will Rain (Bruno Mars): This is how they’ll both feel if they ever, for some reason, broke up. They would both be devastated beyond belief.
3. I’ll Be (Edwin McCain): This is what Finn wants to be for Carrie. He feels he can never be good enough. Never give her the best. But, man, he wants to.
4. Innocent (Taylor Swift): This song makes me think of Carrie before everything went down. Finn went through a lot overseas…but so did she, after.
5. All of Me (John Legend): This is how Finn feels about Carrie—and vice versa. They both put it all on the line for each other.
What songs make you think about Finn and Carrie? J
Jen McLaughlin writes steamy New Adult books for the young and young at heart. Her first release, Out of Line, is due out September 2013. She also writes Contemporary Romance under the pen name Diane Alberts. She is a multi-published, bestselling author and is represented by Louise Fury from the L. Perkins Agency. Since receiving her first contract offer under the pen name Diane Alberts, she has yet to stop writing.
Though she lives in the mountains, she really wishes she was surrounded by a hot, sunny beach with crystal clear water. She lives in Northeast Pennsylvania with her four kids, a husband, a schnauzer mutt, a cat, and a Senegal parrot. In the rare moments when she’s not writing, she can usually be found hunched over one knitting project or another. Her goal is too write so many well-crafted romance books that even a non-romance reader will know her name.